1 Gateway Drive | 6 Person Serviced Office for Rent | Westgate Tower
Office type: Serviced Office
2 km from Jurong East (NS1/EW24)
3 mins to JEM (Shops)
Kim Seng Road got its name from Peranakan businessman and philanthropist, Tan Kim Seng who had donated $130,000 in 1857 to improve the town’s water supply. This went into the construction of a water fountain which is now located at the Esplanade. To honour Tan Kim Seng’s contributions, a road and a bridge were named after him in 1882.
Alongside neighbouring Buit Ho Swee, Kim Seng was a crime-infested slum with thousands of dilapidated huts in the 1950s. Change began when two big fires in the area in the years 1961 and 1968 displaced most of the residents. Afterwards, then newly established Housing and Development Board built modern flats, schools, business and social amenities in the area to help create a self-sufficient community. Some of the new establishments built in the area were Tiara Condominium Apartments, Mirage Tower Apartments, and King’s Centre.